Commission on Personal Sales
Home Shows & Web Sales: 25%; Eligible for 4% Personal Sales Bonus
School & Library: 25% with no discount; 20% with free shipping; Eligible for 4% Personal Sales Bonus*
**Special Programs: 17% (minimum $250; Not eligible for Personal Sales Bonus*
Cards for a Cause Fundraisers: 10% (minimum $450) Not eligible for Personal Sales Bonus
*A Personal Sales Bonus is 4% paid on Home Shows, Web and School & Library Sales only. $1000 monthly personal sales minimum (from these categories) is required to earn this bonus.
**Special Programs include: Book Fairs, Reach for the Stars!! and Literacy for a Lifetime orders
Levels of Achievement
A consultant is one that enters the Usborne Books & More sales force in order to gain income from selling books through the various marketing channels.
Leader information and requirements are shown above and in the Leader section of this guide
Senior Leader, Executive Leader, Senior Executive Leader, Director
Information and requirements on these levels below
Team Leader Information & Express Success
Why should you consider promoting to Team Leader?
To earn additional overrides and bonuses on your personal and group sales and take the opportunity to train, motivate and contribute to the success of others.
What is Express Success?
Promote to Team Leader within your incentive period (first 12 weeks) and you will earn $300 in FREE product of your choice from the current catalogs, and an extra $200 cash bonus! If you are serious about your Usborne Books & More business and serious about making money from the start – we have the challenge and reward for you.
A: Leader Earnings
As a Team Leader you are eligible to earn overrides on the total sales of your central group (including your personal sales), in addition to commission and bonuses based on your personal sales. (Refer to Compensation Program.)
- Central Group – Earn an 8 1/2% override on home shows & web sales and school and library sales, including your own. A 4.25% override on the sales of Special Programs and Cards for a Cause Fundraisers. This includes the sales of all your personal recruits and their recruits, and so on.
- First-level Breakaway – Earn a 5 ½% override on home shows & web sales and school and library sales. A 2.75% override on the sales of Special Programs and Cards for a Cause Fundraisers. When a consultant in your central group promotes to Team Leader, they and their entire downline are now a first-level breakaway. You can have an unlimited number of first-level groups.
- Second-level Breakaway – Earn a 4% override on home shows & web sales and school and library sales. A 2% override on the sales of Special Programs and Cards for a Cause Fundraisers. When a consultant from your first-level breakaway promotes to Team Leader, he or she and their entire downline are now a second-level breakaway from you. Again, you can have an unlimited number of second-level groups.
- Third-level Breakaway – For Executive Leaders, Senior Executive Leaders and Directors: Earn a 1% override on home shows & web sales and school and library sales. A .5% override on the sales of Special Programs and Cards for a Cause Fundraisers, when your group (central, 1st, 2nd & 3rd levels) sells $30,000. When a consultant from your second-level Breakaway promotes to Team Leader, he or she and their entire down line are now a third-level Breakaway from you. Again, you can have an unlimited number of third-level groups.
Promote Out Bonus
This bonus is paid to a Team Leader (or higher) when a consultant in their central group promotes to Team Leader. Half is paid when the Team Leader promotes, and half when they complete Team Leader Story minimums. To earn the Promote Out Bonus you must have the title and relevant sales the month prior to the promotion of the consultant from your central group.
Team Leader: $250
Senior Leader: $500
Executive Leader: $500
Senior Executive Leader: $500
B: To Achieve Team Leader Status
- Your personal sales must total at least $1000 for each of the two consecutive months before promotion.
- You must have minimum group sales of $2,750 for each of the two consecutive months before promotion goes into effect. (This will include your personal sales.)
This must be the same two months that requirement one is achieved. Example: April and May for a June 1 promotion.
3. You must have three personal active recruits (selling $500 each within the last three months) in your group at the time of promotion.
4: You must have three personal Success Bound recruits. They do not need to be the same recruits as in requirement three
5: Complete a Team Leader’s Application
6: Promotions are effective the first of the month following the month requirements are met. The Home Office will send a confirmation letter.
If you have a consultant in your central group who promotes before you do, you have three months to meet the Team Leader requirements to reclaim the promoted group. The promoted Team Leader and group do not count toward requirement two or three as stated above.
C: To Achieve Senior Leader Status
– Maintain Team Leader requirements
– Have 2 First Level Team Leaders and 1 Second Level Team Leader
D: To Receive Senior Team Leader Promote Out Bonus:
– Combined sales of $20,000 from Central Group, 1st and 2nd levels the month prior to the promotion
E: To Achieve Executive Leader Status
– Maintain Team Leader requirements
– Have 3 First Level Team Leaders, 1 Second Level Team Leader and 1 Third Level Team Leader
To Receive Senior Executive Leader 3rd Level Override & Promote Out Bonus:
– Combined sales of $50,000 from Central Group, 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels the month prior to the promotion
F: To Achieve Director Status
– Maintain Team Leader requirements
– Have 6 First Level Team Leaders and at least one Executive Team Leader
To Receive Director Promote Out Bonus:
– Combined sales of $100,000 from Central Group, 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels the month prior to the promotion
G: To Maintain Team Leader Status
1: Team Leader status for sales is reviewed quarterly.
On April 1st, July 1st, October 1st and January 1st.
a. Your personal sales must total at least $1000 within the previous three months.
b. Your central group sales must total $4000 per quarter.
Leader override payments will be paid as long as you positively promote Usborne Books & More and Usborne Books & More products, provide regular leadership, training, motivation and guidance to your group. Failure to meet these criteria will result in loss of Team Leader status and overrides. The Usborne Books & More Home Office decision shall be final.
If any of the above conditions are not met, you will not receive your override check and you will be put on probation.
H: Leader Pass
It is understood that life events can occur that may prevent Team Leaders from meeting minimums and subsequently place them on probation. Every Leader will be issued one “pass” to use in the event that they do not meet Leader minimums one quarter. The individual Leader can decide when to use their pass, but it is their responsibility to inform the Home Office before the end of the month prior to the end of the quarter they miss the requirements. One “pass” allowed every three years.
To Reclaim Team Leader Status
While on probation your personal and central group sales for the previous three months are reviewed. The period under review rolls forward at the start of the next month.
You will reclaim Team Leader status the first of the following month after meeting requirements (within the three months) and will receive override checks again. If the requirements are not met after the three months, you will be reclassified to consultant status.